Pages

Search This Blog

RECOMMEND THIS BLOG TO FRIENDS!

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

TAXCO SILVER LINK BRACELET EVOKES MEMORIES

Back in 1982 when my children were 2 and 6 months old, my husband and I took them with us to Acapulco. Brave, don't you think? Well it all went quite well until the last 48 hours but I'll tell you about that some other time.

What I want to blog about here is that stunning silver bracelet in the photo which is currently for sale on my website at VINTAGE JEWELRY SHOWCASE. On that trip, late one evening when we'd put the children to sleep and hubby said he'd stay with them, I ventured out onto the busy street outside our hotel. The street was teeming with tourists and vendors .. not sure which there were more of. Well I hadn't gotten 50 feet from the hotel entrance when one of the vendors nailed me with jewelry he just had to show me. Most of it was bracelets of all kinds. All very pretty but I really wasn't in the mood to buy anything. But he wouldn't quit. I kept resisting until suddenly he pulled out one identical to the one in the photo. I fell in love with it immediately and unfortunately for me, he knew it. And so the haggling began at $300!! Bit by bit he lowered the price as I kept resisting. He pulled out the other bracelets, saying that if I didn't want to pay what it was worth I should take one of the others. This went on for over half an hour and I started to get fed up. Finally I looked him in the eye, dug into my pocket and pulled out whatever bills, coins I had. It amounted to about $6. I told him that's all I have. He looked at me in disbelief and shook his head "no way senora". I turned away and said "sorry that's all I have" and began walking back to my hotel. Suddenly he was in front of me again. "Okay, Okay" he said. That was the best $6 I ever spent.

I wore that bracelet everywhere when I got back home. Everywhere I went people asked me about it. It was so eye-catching. It was stamped 925 Taxco Silver and I never saw another like it ... until a year ago when I found the one in the photo above. My bracelet had long ago broken and disappeared, don't even remember where or when. I was delighted to discover the bracelet above and immediately bought myself a replacement ... or so I thought. However, I forgot that I know have lots of trouble with my hands and can no longer handle clasps on bracelets or locks on necklaces.

So now this lovely Taxco Silver Link bracelet sits unworn and waiting for someone who loves silver vintage jewelry, made in Mexico, to want it as much as I did that one so long ago in Acapulco. Perhaps that is you. If so, you know where to buy it: VINTAGE JEWELRY SHOWCASE. It's 7" long, 1 1/4" wide and weighs 37.4 grams. And don't forget, silver is a precious metal & appreciating all the time, just like gold and platinum. But it's more affordable!

1 comment:

joel said...

by looking at photo.about the vintage photos.the design was really good
==================================
joel
Anchor text should be contained within the content where possible. In addition to the anchor text the content should contain at least one mention of the term gold jewellery or jewellery

Gold Jewellery